Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quick news from Iowa

I am on lunch break at the moment, so I only have a minute, but I thought I would let you all know that we are sending Aleya and Lorien to Grandview - at least for the first semester. The financial aid was big enough to have us reconsider, and there were many good reasons to try it.

Please pray for them as they begin this coming Monday.

I had to laugh as my husband whacked me sometime in the middle of the night last night. He was dreaming about fighting an ostrich that was chasing him and pecking at him. I don't know if he was flailing, but I know that I would have been. Where do these dreams come from? I was musing at the expanse that our brains cover, even when we haven't been to the zoo recently, or had dinnertime discussions about huge, ferocious birds that peck at you in the middle of the night. Hmm.

Jathan's spider bite has healed, so it wasn't a brown recluse! Yea!

Kesse made it back to Bryan for the fall semester.

Kyrie will be leaving next Saturday morning early to go back to Grove City.

That leaves Kayren, Lorien and Aleya. Aleya moved upstairs, to have windows and a lighter place to study, and also some oversight to make sure that she does :) !

Kayren is taking her first college course this semester. She'll be taking Spanish at DMACC. Lorien has a full schedule and hopes to play basketball again. She'll need to do some running first and get into shape!

Faith Academy started last week, and is doing well so far. We are thankful for all our students.

While we have been so saddened to leave our church family at Grace for a time, we have been encouraged to find a Bible-believing, reformed church where we have worshiped these past few Sundays. Jody Lucero is the pastor, and he is a good preacher. We are learning a lot about the Heidelberg Cathechism and the three forms of unity, and it is always good to review what you believe and why. We are trusting that the Lord is working out our church situation for His glory, and are thankful for His grace.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

How did I miss this last bit of news? Did this come up since I saw you? I'm behind in blog reading.