Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday - February 12

We are having moderate temps today - mostly in the 40's, with a forecast of a large snow storm coming tomorrow at noon. We are expecting somewhere between 6 and 12 inches of snow. I was able to get the floor mats in the car this morning to prepare!

We are praying for Mary Kathryn and Adam as Adam looks for work since his contract was not renewed for the fall. I was asking about Faith in Atlanta, but the economy has effected private schools such that Faith is not needing any more teachers at the moment. We will see what the fall brings.

Tom and I are ever thankful for our jobs, and that the Lord has provided for us to keep working. I suppose that everyone needs water and Tom's job is probably pretty secure, however, most companies are tightening their belts in one way or another. We are thankful for each day that we continue to be employed.

I so enjoy watching Kayren work on her art projects. They begin with a thought and it is fascinating to watch as the idea becomes tangible. One project has been to take black and white pictures and to fill in subtle color with markers on the picture. While this sounds odd, the effect is very interesting and beautiful. She was showing me several pictures that she was working on last night. I really like her style. She has a black and white photo of Aleya and Lilly (Susan's granddaughter) walking hand in hand, with the footprints enhanced. I'll have to see if I can post them sometime.

Lorien still loves going to Grandview and she has some wonderful friends. I am thankful that she gets to go. Each year is a challenge. I understand Mary Kathryn's concern for sending her children to Statesville when they have to pay partial tuition. It's quite the bill.

Aleya is discovering the telephone and calling a good friend from church EVERY night and talking for about an hour. What do they talk about? We are going to need to limit her time, but we are thankful for the friends that she has as well.

Tom is working extra this week and next. It wears him out, but we are thankful for the overtime.

I still love working at Faith. And, Susan came back from Florida! Yea! I sure do miss her when she is gone. My exercise plan kind of evaporates when she is on vacation. Yikes.

No comments: