Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday morning in Iowa

45 degrees! Can you believe it! The forecast includes RAIN today. Wow. I didn't wear a coat earlier - just a sweatshirt. It is beautiful outside.

Lorien doesn't have school today, and there is a birthday party at a sports facility for all the kids in the church, so no one is having school (except me, of course). They get to play instead. What fun! Jathan will take them over and have a great time, I'm sure.

Lorien's last game was great! The girls didn't win, but they were playing a very seasoned team that had done very well this year, and our girls just kept plugging along. Lorien drove 4 times (wow!). She was blocked once, fouled once, and made two of the shots! Bravo, Lorien! She's working out of her timidity and into a much more confident player. She gets lots of rebounds, but has been cautious on offense. I brought my camera to take pictures, and the battery was dead! Ahh! Lorien did end up with a couple of bloody lips at the end of the game. She was trying to save a ball from going out of bounds, and ending up kind of smashing into the wall. She was still smiling at the end of the game though, so the battle wounds are not substantial.

Well, it's almost time to get to work.

Kesse and Kyrie Jo - I've been so busy this week, but I will try to e-mail, or call this weekend.

No comments: