Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New post at last!

I have started working on facebook, because my children are more apt to do facebook than blog, or even comment on my blog. Anyway, now that I am shuffling both projects, they will probably both suffer! I love the blog though because you can load the latest pics of the things that you are doing. I know that you can do that on facebook too, but I don't know how. So, I will stick with the blog.

All to say - Lorien won her first game, though in the tournament that they had on Saturday, things didn't go quite as well. They only won 1 out of 8. However, they put forth lots of effort and learned a lot. Isn't that what we always say when they get creamed?

I'm working on lots of math labs. I have 45 students, which is more than double my highest group. I have several higher level students with good questions and motivation. It is fun to teach Algebra again, and not just fractions and decimals. However, it requires quite a bit of work to keep up with the class and the curriculum keeps changing. Work is never boring. As I read Mary Kathryn's posts, parents haven't been the thorn for us that they can be otherwise. Most of the parents that bring their children to us are finally admitting that their children are wayward and need direction and accountability. It helps - tons. When Dad or Mom or both are helping, things go a LOT better.

Tonight is Bible study. We are studying aging, which is a very interesting topic. It often gets swept aside, and it has been very helpful to study it.

Lorien has a game and won't get home until 11 this evening. I will make my fourth trip across town today to pick her up. We brought Lorien to school. Then we brought Kayren to take her midterms. Then I came to work. Then I will come back to pick up Lorien. Yikes! $$$$ (petrol!)

Hopefully, I will get to write more later.

No comments: