Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring in Iowa

Spring is so beautiful in Iowa. Everything is very green and the flowers are coming up everywhere. Things grow here, even though the winters are cold and long. I love the spring . . . except - I have allergies. I don't know what I am allergic to, but I always seem to fight with them in the spring.

This spring seems especially awful, though Tom says I say that every year. I had to teach today, and I was coughing and sneezing and my eyes were watering so much that my students thought I was going to die! It was rather humorous. I kind of lost my voice by the end of the class and came home to crash!

The girls are working on all kinds of school projects - chemistry speeches, Iowa brochures, and art projects.

Kayren was invited recently to a wedding to practice taking photos. Our pastor's wife very kindly invited her so that she could learn some things. Kayren had a wonderful time and is hoping to get another opportunity this coming month!

Lorien is participating in the play as an extra. It is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, which should be lots of fun.

Aleya is trying to get over her own cough, but loving riding her bike outside.

Tom is working late the next three nights, so he will be very tired for the rest of the week.

Spring in Iowa.

No comments: