Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Statesvile, North Carolina

I have to admit that I was conflicted about coming to NC with all the work that needs to be done on the basement at home.  But,  in God's providence, this trip was planned months ago, and we headed out on Saturday morning.  

Now, it's Wednesday (I think), and Tom and I have just moseyed around; read good books; had wonderful conversations; and, of course, eaten like kings and queens.  I know why Mary Kathryn blogs food - because it is so good!  

I brought my camera, and yes, I intend to take pictures, but one child (perhaps my wicked oldest daughter?) confiscated the good memory chip, and I have the one that will only take about 8 pictures before you have to empty it!  Kesse - you are in trouble!  So, after the battery charges, I will try to take pictures and load them - in stages.

Home:  reports from home are: 

Jathan was stung yesterday by a wasp, but did NOT have an allergic reaction (thankfully!).  He has had some severe reactions in the past.  

There was an impressive storm a couple of nights ago with 80 mph winds and LOTS of rain, but the basement seems unharmed.  Yea!

Kyrie knows her roommate now, and is getting more excited about college each day.  She is able to walk on her "boot" now without crutches.  She will get to work today.

Kesse seems to be getting better, though she is working on communication.  At this time, all our information is second hand - ahem.  I believe that she is feeling much better, and has been able to continue working this week. 

The kids here are having a great time.  Holly and Kayren and Peter and the little girls got to play "sardines" in the rain last night.  What fun!   

No comments: