Saturday, September 25, 2010

Satisfying Saturday

This is the first Saturday in ages when we didn't have very urgent and important matters to attend to. We rose lazily after sleeping in (yea!!!) which is a favorite "activity" of mine. We read things, drank coffee and tea, and mused about the day. We ended up accomplishing quite a bit, for which I am thankful, and I didn't crack a math book today. What a wonderful break!

I did get to experience the laundromat. What an interesting place! It's a whirlwind of activity, with special understood rules about who goes first, and which machines are off limits. Of course, I didn't know any of these rules, so Tom had to instruct me in laundromat etiquette. We were able to get 10 loads done in 3 hours, which was great, but I was just exhausted from the experience! Our washer is in need of a special gasket that won't be arriving for a couple of weeks. So, we will get to do the laundromat a couple more times.

Tonight, we grabbed a couple of the girls and wandered around the mall looking at things. It was such a nice family day. I missed our college girls, and Jathan was attending drill. Kayren was working too, but it was nice to have some time together with those who were home.

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day, and we are so looking forward to it! We are praying for Adam and Mary Kathryn this weekend! They are candidating in Iowa. I can hardly believe it. I can't tell you how excited I would be if they were able to move back!

Well, off to bed.

No comments: