Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Job Searching

I found out this past Friday that Faith Academy is closing here in Iowa in December. It made me very sad for so many reasons. I have really enjoyed working here and have built relationships with students along the way. I have watched students that were failing in the public schools graduate. It has been a joy to go work. I am very sad for all the students that won't be finished yet. Faith is offering a mail-order system to some of them, but many of them thrive on the personal contact, and the individual tutoring that they receive.

All to say, I am back in the market for work in a time when jobs are hard to find. It is such a good thing that the Lord knows exactly what we need, and orchestrates all these things. My job is only supplementary, though it has provided in past for our children's schooling. We have other choices we can make, but once again, we desire to make the best choices, and are wondering what that looks like.

I know that Adam and Mary Kathryn are dealing with much more serious income issues than we are, so we are continuing to pray for them daily!

We have seen our Lord provide some of the most difficult and complicated things for our good, and now is another opportunity to trust Him completely!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Alynn. I know how you've loved your job and colleagues. I will add this to our prayer list.

M.K. said...

I'm so sorry! It's sad to lose a job you love - it's like a little death. Faith had a very valid and necessary ministry. I'll be praying that the Lord will guide you to the next place he wants you to be.

M.K. said...

Alynn - I tried to leave a comment the other day, and it wouldn't let me. I'm so sorry about this closure -- I know this is a job you have loved. May God provide for you not only financially, but give you a ministry that you can wrap your heart around. Praying for you all.