Thursday, June 4, 2009

Iowa in June, 2009

It is actually cold!  We have yet to use the air conditioner this year - which is surprising.  I cannot remember another spring/summer where we hadn't turn on the air in May.  We are still having lots of rain and very cool weather - 50's and 60's with occasional 70's.  

The three girls and my Dad made it to Louisville, and Kyrie called yesterday to say that they had made it to Jackson last night early enough to get some rest.  They were having a good time.  The "Kayren" incident - which I cannot help but mention because it is so "Kayrenish" -  was that on their way to Louisville, they were playing a riddle game that must have been rather intriguing.  Kayren was driving, and she managed to leave the interstate on an exit and get on another interstate - without knowing that she had done it!  At one point my Dad asked, "Kayren, did you take an exit?"  Kayren emphatically answered, "No!"  Kyrie and Lorien both chimed in, "Yes, you did!  You just took that last exit!"  She wasn't convinced until they saw the interstate sign that showed that they were on the wrong interstate.  But, they made it, none-the-less.  

Lane called this week to let us know that he has been writing songs for all his nieces, and had finished his piece for Kyrie Jo.  It is fascinating!  He was able to record it, and post it on youtube, and we were able to bring it up and listen to it.  It is just a beautiful piece.  I am going to try and post it on my blog.   Anyway, he wrote it in the flavor of Chopin, and it is just a lovely piece.  I don't know if Kyrie has gotten a chance to hear it yet because she has been on this trip, but I am hoping she can get the music and learn to play it.

Well, I tried several different ways to get this to load, but couldn't get the video to load.  Maybe this link will work.  It's on youtube, so you can try it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1YV7ECSeo


2 comments:

M.K. said...

Alynn, that piano piece is gorgeous! What a talented brother you have! How in the world does he find time to write like that, with all the preaching blogging? If I only spent the time he did THINKING, I wouldn't have time for anything else. I hope Kyrie will enjoy learning and playing it. Just beautiful.

trudilynne said...

Alynn - The music piece is absolutely beautiful. How special each of the girls must feel. Thanks for sharing.