Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break

Spring break continues today, and just gets busier and busier.  Today, Lorien is babysitting a young boy - Curtis.  He will be spending the next three nights with us.  It has been a while since a four year old boy was around the house!  Kayren is babysitting Lilly today and tomorrow, and Aleya is having her friend Rachel over to spend the night.  Tom left for presbytery this morning, too.  Back to six kids - but without my husband.  

Somewhere in the back of my mind, it has occurred to me that spring break is supposed to be a break, but I haven't quite figured out how to make that happen. There are far too many things to do!  This morning, the furnace was not working correctly, so I had to call a repair man to fix it.  We are trying to get all the spring cleaning items ready for the one day a year that we get to throw away anything we want.  There is painting to do too, but I don't think we will manage that this time.  And, of course, the basement needs to be finished.  Ahhh.  

There is the spring paperwork - FAFSA and taxes.  It makes me think that I would like a break.  
We are very thankful for God's provisions.  He has given us so much.  Stewardship keeps us busy.

No comments: