Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Iowa Update

Mary Kathryn has snow! What fun! It was great to see snow in North Carolina.

I need to start taking some more pictures, but first I need to get my camera back from Kayren. She has been using it rather faithfully, and I really don't see it much.

Today is so busy - Jathan will be working here at Faith. Lorien has school, b-ball practice, homework, and youth group. Kayren is working today. Aleya will need to come to Faith too. All the girls have piano and youth group, and I am supposed to sit with Cindy Frye tonight. She is my sweet friend from church that has Pique's disease. At this time, she cannot walk or talk, but not knowing what she is able to absorb, we still read to her, and sing, and just talk. Tom is working until 3 in the morning. Wednesdays are so busy!

My wonderful friend Susan has placed her house on the market. She will try and sell it so that she can move into something that is more manageable. Her house is 50 years old and needs regular maintainence, and has a challenging back yard that is quite steep to mow. I have so loved having her across the street, and will miss her so much. But, I cannot bring myself to discourage her from moving. It would be so much better for her to have place that doesn't need all the work and money that her present home needs. So, please pray that the Lord would work out a wonderful situation for her. She needs low maintainence!

In the meantime, we are just plugging along, focusing on school and church. Winter doesn't allow for too many projects, so we spend most of our time trying to work with the weather and still get things done.

Kayren is driving well - thankfully, and we are grateful for her willingness to help out. She has picked up Lorien a couple of times. So far, I have insisted that they drive silently - lest they argue about something and Kayren wrecks. But they seem to think that they are able now to drive with slight conversation! We'll see. I don't have any way to check this problem, except to see how they operate at home. They do seem to be improving. I remember arguing with my older brother in the worst way, about things that really didn't matter. We get along splendidly now (at least in my view - Arne?) and I have high hopes for Kayren and Lorien!

Well, school is about to start. How grateful I am for all the blessings that the Lord has given!

No comments: