Thursday, November 6, 2008

After Surgery

Well, two weeks ago today, I had surgery to remove my gall bladder and to fix my acid reflux problem. From what I can tell, the Lord was very gracious and the surgery seems to be successful! Recovery has been going well, and I have been able to come to work this week, part-time for two days and full time for the other three. I am very thankful that everything went well.

I am now embarking on my revised eating program which excludes coffee and Diet Coke :(. Yesterday the doctor told me to go back on a full, regular diet. Mostly, portions are rather severely limited (which isn't all bad), and fat content is limited (no gall bladder anymore). Other than that, I am to eat rather normally.

The church was wonderful and provided transportation for Lorien to get home from school each day, and they brought meals for the family. We are blessed with a wonderful church!

I am so thankful for the Lord's provisions during this time. My husband and children waited on me hand and foot, and numerous friends brought beautiful flowers to brighten up my room. I had regular visitors to keep me from getting bored, and one good friend brought over some Dorothy Sayers that I hadn't read yet, and I got to read those too! I never get the chance to read unless it's vacation time. My college children called to check on me, as did my Mom and Dad. I am so blessed with a loving family, friends, and church family. I am very thankful for all the Lord has given us!

No comments: