Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nice slow weekend

No pictures today.  The camera batteries are dead, so we don't have any pictures this time.  I wanted to take a good picture of the snow we had on Saturday morning.  The grass was all white and it snowed most of the morning.  Of course, it is warm enough that it is all gone now, but really - April 12th?  Iowa gets April snows often enough.

We were going to try and see Jathan's track meet this weekend but it was cancelled.  So, we hope to make it up for next weekend.  
 
This week is busy as Monday has an extra piano lesson.  Tuesday is Kyrie's birthday, and Lorien has a track meet.  I work until 7, and Tom works until 10.  My hours will be longer this week as I will be going in early in the mornings.  Thursday night we have a shower for a lady in the church who had her seventh child back in October.  Sometimes it takes us a while to get around to such things.  The winter can be intimidating!  Anyway, I sympathize with Mary Kathryn since I am supposed to teach the lesson for this shower.  I was trying to get it done before I started this week, since I'll be so busy, but I didn't quite make it.  

We got the plane tickets for the three girls to go to Mexico.  They'll be flying to Louisville, and then driving to Mexico right after Kyrie graduates and has her open house.  We had to change the open house to Monday, May 19th instead of Tuesday, May 20th, but that should work fine for all since company was still coming on Friday anyway.  

Jathan and Kesse look to be coming home for the summer, which is wonderful.  We don't always expect that our college students will be with us for the summers.  

Well, it's late, and we need to get started early tomorrow!  We had a wonderful day at church.

No comments: