Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March in Iowa

Spring break began this past Friday afternoon, and we were blessed with wonderful warm weather for the week! Tom took the week off too, so we have had the break together at home.

Of course, I cannot survive without at least one project, and this time I am refinishing the dining room table (again). I think this is either the 3rd or 4th time. I sanded endlessly (10-12 hours at least), and now am working on the finishing part. This takes FOREVER! What was I thinking?

My Dad and Mom are coming tomorrow, and we are going to work on the wedding gowns for the girls. They need to be hemmed and Aleya's needs to be altered a bit.

We were also blessed to find another car to replace the one that Lorien totaled. We were ever so thankful for God's provision there. We were planning on just trying to make it with one less, but the scheduling was going to be very tricky.

I still have taxes to get around to ( for the girls), and FAFSA, and a few other things, but overall, aside from the table, it's been a very relaxing break!

No comments: