Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blessings of babies

This afternoon I had the beautiful honor of holding a very sweet, tiny little baby boy, born less than 24 hours ago. He was sleepy, but was making lots of very cute faces - pouts, smiles, kisses, and raised eyebrows. He was trying so very hard at one point to open his eyes, but just couldn't bring himself to get them open. What a precious and sweet reminder of God's goodness to us! I was remembering the days when my children were so small. There are some things in life that God has given us that fill our hearts so full that we cannot even begin to explain it.

How I have loved watching my own children grow and change and by God's grace become what they are today. I will pray for little Xander Lynch to know Christ and live for Him.

What a blessing!

1 comment:

M.K. said...

I think probably the ONLY baby boy I ever held right after birth (besides my own) was Jathan. That was a very special day. And I love it when they try to keep their eyes open, and just can't!!